Sunday, April 8, 2007

The Basics - School

In the beginning...just kidding...anyway I graduated from Assiniboine Community College in June of 2004 with a Diploma in Business Administration-Management Specialty. It was a great 2-year program and I loved it. I met great people, students and instructors, and learned a heck of a lot about the real world. My college education got me my incredible job at Brandon University and now I am using my "ins" at BU to work on a Bachelor's Degree. By "ins" I mean I don't have to pay tuition...only student fees to further my education so I figured I had better take advantage of that! I started taking one class (Introduction to English Literature) that extended for both terms so September to April. Realizing that one class was easy enough to handle I decided to take two the next term (September to December) and so took Introduction to Psychology and Women Writers II. Once again, I realized that two classes were not bad and in the next term (January to April) took three classes. I am currently in the process of finishing General Psychology, Health Care Ethics, and Sex and The Sacred (which is a religion course by the way). Taking three classes per term qualifies me as a full-time student, albeit a full course load would be five classes. Basically I take two classes in the evening (three hours, two nights a week) and one class during the day (one hour Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The goal is to obtain a Bachelor of Arts with an English Major with Psychology and Religion minors. I figured it out and my projected time frame in which to finish and graduate is about 6 to 8 years from now. Slowly, but surely, I will get my degree!

April 9th (tomorrow) marks the first day for registration for classes for the 07-08 academic year. I will be registering in Creative Writing (Monday, Wednesday 3:40-5:00), Shakespeare (Tuesday nights) and Art Works (Wednesday nights). Creative Writing and Art Works are strictly first term classes and Shakespeare will take both terms to complete. As for second term I will be registering for Women Writers I (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and Religion and Film (Wednesday nights). Wish me luck and learning!

No comments: