Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Saga Continues

Another busy week to report in the saga of my life. Let's see back two weeks now I guess it would be. Planned to update at the end of last week, but obviously my good intentions never panned out. I had something to do every day after work. Monday was the final rehearsal for our play with Tuesday being performance day. It went really well (I think). We don't have the mark back yet, but we were the only group that did something different with the play rather than just reading it just like Shakespeare wrote it. We got a few laughs, made a few little mistakes, but overall I was happy with the outcome. On Wednesday I was priveledged to be a volunteer helping out with the Brandon chapter of the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination. It started out at City Hall and continued with a walk from there to Brandon University. I did a slide show of pictures representing racial integration at BU and said a speech on the history of the day. There was a really great turn out and a lot of participation. Thursday was the opening of "Into the Open", a student art show at the Glen P. Sutherland Gallery of Art at Brandon University. My bookworks, "A 'Mask'erade of Faces" was included in the show. When I arrived at the opening I had a slight boost to my ego as I spoke with a woman who was really intrigued by my project. With Friday being Good Friday, I had a day of rest. Mom and Baba came into Brandon and on Saturday we travelled to Winnipeg to visit my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins for Easter. Sunday was a day, as usual, full of homework. Speaking of homework...I am finally done research for my paper on Shakespeare. A total of 13 books skimmed and tagged. At the moment I am taking a break from working on another paper for my other class Women Writers I. 'The Men in Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre' proves to be a grade A paper (or at least I hope it will be)! Stay tuned for the results of my seemingly endless reading and writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.