Sunday, July 29, 2007

Since the 5th

Well I have been quite busy by some standards and not that busy by others. Since the 5th I have attended an outdoor Candlelight Party in Shilo MB with Angie on the 7th. Ordered some yummy smelling aroma melts that make the whole room smell when you melt them. During the following week on Tuesday the 10th Bryan's Mom and I went to see the newest member of the Lussier family, Seth Ryder Lussier. This little gent is less than a day old and looked like he was at least a week old. He had absolutely no blemishes on his skin and no wrinkles. So healthy. What a little sweet heart!The weekend after that Bryan's cousin got married outside at a camping resort in Rock Lake MB. Tina Lussier became Tina Dubyts in a short, but sweet ceremony in a very peaceful and serene location. It was a really nice day, no rain and not too terribly hot. The main dish of the buffest style supper was carved pork that had been roasted rotisary style. The night finished around 12:00 midnight with a fireworks display, small but decent enough for what they had to work with. We had one little scare when one of the fireworks fell over and started shooting towards the crown of onlooking guests. Luckily no harm was done. I love the color of the bridesmaids' dresses and the little flower girls and ring bearer were just so precious.
I started much needed holidays on July 18th. The evening of the 17th was complete with a visit to Bryan's Memeire and Pepeire's where we were supposed to pick and shell peas for them, but by the time we got there, they had finished. We did have a nice visit though and on the way home we took the ferry across the Assiniboine River near Stockton MB. It was a neat experience to say the least. Bryan's Dad took us on a little scenic tour of his childhood stompin' ground which also led us past the training fields for the Shilo army base. Wednesday and Thursday were spent relaxing, reading, and watching movies. Thursday was also my "book adventure" day when I decided to take a stroll through some of the used book stores in Brandon. I stopped by one and thought it was decent, but the second one was the paradise of all used book stores. I thought the upstairs was incredible and then I noticed the downstairs! Crazy! I bought a bunch of books and have been showing off the little place ever since. I took a stroll along the River Bank Discovery Centre and snapped a few pics. I was lucky enough to get this great shot of a Redwinged Blackbird with its lunch in its mouth!
Mom came on Friday and we hung out, went for coffee at Forbidden Flavours, rented a movie, and tried to stay cool. Saturday we did a little shopping, went for lunch at Lady of the Lake and then had Elaine come and do a Mary Kay Facial for us. I got to see her professional wedding photos and catch up a little with the happenings of her newly married life. Sunday brought SPA DAY! Mom and I went to the Solstice Spa in Elkhorn MB. We spent two hours just relaxing in the mineral pool and hot tub, reading, and snacking on fruit and muffins. Then off to my Canadian Prairie Mud Wrap and her Hot Rock Massage. They actually plaster real mud from somewhere near Watrous SK all over your body, face, and hair. Oh yes, they poured mud in my hair! It was awesome. We had a BBQ buffet supper at the Mountain Grill at the Elkhorn Resort. Soooo good! And then were off to Onanole to the Smokey Hollow Resort for the night. Early Monday morning we were up, showered, and off to Clear Lake to spend the day reading by the lake, shopping in the little shops, eating icecream, and finally taking a tour of the lake on The Martese. The boat tour was really great! We had a bbqed hamburger for lunch and just enjoyed the scenery of the lake and staying cool via the nice breeze. There is a sunset version of the same tour as well that I would like to experience. I am sure it would be breathtakingly beautiful. After a relaxing day in Clear Lake we headed to GP, visited Baba, rented a movie, and yes...relaxed some more! Tuesday morning I was up bright and early to beat the day's heat and pick a pail of yummy raspberries for Baba. Another day of just relaxing and trying desperately to stay cool with no air conditioner. SO HOT! Stopped by the cemetary to replace some faded flowers, rented another movie, and went to sleep. Wednesday had Mom and I on our way to Aunty Eileen and Uncle Ed's in Winnipeg. Hello, central air! We spent the evening visiting and woke up Thursday to a day of shopping. I bought some clothes for work and a whole bunch more books at my favorite store...McNally Robinson! I am such a nerd...but I love it that way. Friday before we left shortly after lunch we were able to see Reagan and Alex, two of my youngest cousins. They are so adorable and I can't wait to go back to Winnipeg in a couple weeks to see them again.

So adorable. Mom dropped me off in Brandon on Friday and I spent the evening washing clothes and watching parts one and two of the first Planet Earth disc. If you haven't seen this series, you MUST watch it. It is amazing. There are 5 disks shot on all of the continents and in over 200 countries world wide. Let's see I've watched Pole to Pole, Mountains, Fresh Water, Caves, Desserts, Ice Worlds, and Great Plains so far and they are AMAZING. Saturday I went to Eleanor Kidd park to read and walk around. It's a beautiful park and I've only discovered its magic now after having lived in Brandon for 5 years (give or take). Went to Forbidden Flavors for a Carimella Coffee and some more reading and home again to watch more Planet Earth. Today is Sunday and it is so HOT that I am not doing anything other than sitting on the couch in front of the fan trying not to lose all of my bodily fluids via sweat. It is 35 out there today. SO HOT! I go back to work on the 2nd of August and until then I plan on relaxing some more, reading some more, watching more Planet Earth, and hopefully Wednesday moving into our apartment. It's supposed to stay this hot all week so moving will be a real sweat fest, but, and this is such a great but...we will have AIR CONDITIONIING there! Yay!

No comments: